2020 presentations and tours

March 15, 2020: please verify that presentations are still running due to Coronavirus social distancing measures. I will update this page as I receive information.

Would you like to attend one of my upcoming pollinator gardening presentations? Join me in gardening for bees, butterflies, beneficial insects, and birds.

CANCELLED Thursday, March 19, 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm: Nepean Horticultural Society

City View United Church at 6 Epworth Ave in Nepean

A slide presentation that includes a photo tour of my garden, and instructions for creating your own pollinator garden. $4.00 for non-members.

April

CANCELLED Saturday, April 4, 1:30 pm – 2:15 pm: Seedy Saturday (rescheduled due to power outage)

Ron Kolbus Centre, 102 Greenview Avenue, Ottawa

This half-hour presentation will also include tips for attracting pollinators and beneficial insects to vegetable gardens. If you can’t make it, stop by to see me in the organizations area. Seedy Saturday runs from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

POSTPONED Monday, April 6, 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm: McKellar Park Community Association

McKellar Park Fieldhouse, 539 Wavell Avenue, Ottawa

A one-hour slide presentation that includes a photo tour of my garden, and instructions for creating your own pollinator garden. Followed by questions.

LIBRARIES CURRENTLY CLOSED Wednesday, April 8, 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm: Blackburn Hamlet branch of the Ottawa Public Library

199 Glen Park Drive, Ottawa

LIBRARIES CURRENTLY CLOSED Tuesday, April 21, 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm: Nepean Centrepointe branch of the Ottawa Public Library

101 Centrepointe Drive, Nepean

LIBRARIES CURRENTLY CLOSED Saturday, April 25, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm: Constance Bay branch of the Ottawa Public Library

262 Len Purcell Drive, Ottawa

May

Tuesday, May 12, 7:00 – 9:00 pm: Mackay Brainery

39 Dufferin Road, Ottawa

A longer version of my presentation. I’ll cover pollinator gardening, as well as gardening for birds.

LIBRARIES CURRENTLY CLOSED Wednesday, May 27, 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm: Carlingwood branch of the Ottawa Public Library

281 Woodroffe Avenue, Ottawa

LIBRARIES CURRENTLY CLOSED Saturday, May 30, 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm: Hazeldean branch of the Ottawa Public Library

50 Castlefrank Road, Kanata

Saturday, June 20, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm: 2020 Greater Ottawa Valley Water Garden Horticulture Society Tour

This year my garden is included. In 2019, there were 11 different gardens on the tour. Tickets are $20 each, with proceeds going to community charity projects.

One thought on “2020 presentations and tours